Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sliding Unicorn

Once of my most favorite suites in the new Occasions catalog is the Myths and Magic suite.  I love the set and all the coordinating products!  This unicorn comes in the set and I'm in love with it!  Before we get to the nuts and bolts of this project there's another sneak peek bundle on this card too!  The rainbow and clouds are all made with the Rainbow Builder Framlits.  They coordinate with the sweetest rainbow set!  I can't wait to use it!  This is an interactive card, and the unicorn actually flies over the rainbow!  OMG! I was so excited when I made this card! EEEK!!!  
So how did I make the unicorn move.  Well if you checked my blog on Friday you probably saw the cutest sliding panda card.  I got a few questions over the weekend on how the sliding mechanism was made so I updated that post with some more details.  This card works with a similar theory, this one is slightly more complicated but still works the same way.  I encourage you to check the panda post for the basics of the slider.  For the unicorn I cut the channel with the framelit I used for the red layer of the rainbow.  The rainbow is adhered right over the channel so you can't see it but it's there!  To make the slider I did it the same way as the panda.  There's a piece of cardstock behind the channel, then a dimensional in the channel-this time a mini one! Then instead of adhering my image to the front of the dimensional I adhered a small piece of a window sheet.  If I would have adhered the unicorn right on top of the dimensional my unicorn would have been behind my rainbow.  So instead I added a window sheet on it.  The window sheet is probably only an inch tall and about 1/2" wide, but it's tall enough to stick up over the rainbow.  Where the window sheet is sticking up is where you add your unicorn again with a dimensional.  Again make sure you look at my panda post to see the sliding card basics.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

No comments: