Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas Gift Card Holder Class

Last week I had a Christmas Gift Card Holder class.  Gift Card giving is so popular! I know for us it's one of the easiest and quickest ways to give a gift.  But just because you're giving a gift card doesn't mean you can't dress it up!  These are the three holders made at my class last week.  The first one uses the Trim Your Stockings Thinlits.  These Thinlits make the the cutest stocking pillow box, or you can use it year round and just make a regular pillow box.  I love this Tranquil Tide stocking with the pops of Gold Glimmer and Berry Burst Ribbon!   



The next holder is unique in that in holds two cards.  The outside is really festive with Old Olive and Real Red.  There's an embossed snowflake on the card base, and that fun doily really adds to the details! The finished holder is 5"x5" so I just took a piece of 5"x10" cardstock and scored it in half. 


Inside like I said, there's room for 2 gift cards!  I thought this would be a great gift of dinner and a movie. Or you could theme it, coffee lovers-a couple gift cards to a local coffee shop, ice cream lovers, etc.  You could give it to a couple you know and do 'his' and 'hers' cards.  The possibilities are endless! I used the envelope punch board for the little envelopes inside. 
Finally the last holder is probably my favorite.  Isn't that penguin super duper cute!!!  I love him!!!  Shannon West demoed how to make this penguin at my Tips and Techniques Summit back in September.  I wanted to make a matchbook style holder but I didn't want the card just to sit in there. 
When you open the top the gift card slides up!  So cute and it's actually really easy and fun to make!  The Basic Gray base of the holder measures 3"x10 1/2".  On the longer side score at 1 1/4" and 6 1/4".  The white piece inside measures 2 1/2" x 5 3/4", again on the longer side score at 1/2" and 4 3/4".
Your shorter 1/2" score line will get adhered to the base right above the middle score line.  The larger end on the white piece folds up in opposite direction to tuck your card into.  If you find your gift card is a little wobbly you can use a glue dot to hold it in place. 
Finally back to the penguin!  Here's how the penguin is made.  I use the Many Mittens framelits for his body. For his feet I used the piece in the Many Mittens Framlits that cuts out the flower.  We just cut off 3 petals for his feet.  For his beak I used the bow in the Holly Berry Builder Punch.  The same punch was used to make the holly on his hat and eyes.  That's it!  I loved these gift card holders!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: