Friday, September 8, 2017

Day 5: Week of Great Big Greetings

We've reached the final day of my week of Great Big Greetings.  This final card was definately the card that took the most time and gave me the most problems.  There's lots that I love about this card, there's a few things I don't like.  So let's start with the technique.  I took a piece of DSP from the Naturally Eclectic pack, then I clear embossing the greeting on it, then I sponged some Night of Navy ink over all it.  Where the greeting was embossed the pattern shows through.  Where it wasn't embossed it picked up the ink. 
I love the paper, but for this technique I think I choose a busy pattern that in the end didn't work great.  The results are still cute and fun, but looking back I'd choose a different piece of DSP.  The biggest problem I had was where there was Night of Navy patterns on the DSP the image got lost.  I ended up going around the embossed areas with a white gel pen to help the image stand out.  Especially where there was the Night of Navy pattern underneath.  You can see this most on the right side of Y and the left side of the O. However, it wasn't so much of an inconvenience that I was annoyed by it.  It was an easy fix.  That being said.  This technique is so much fun to do.  Especially with big, bold images like this one.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: