Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Spinning Reindeer

I shared this card a couple weeks ago and I loved it so much I wanted to make more spinning cards. This card features the new Seasonal Chums set in the Holiday Catalog.  This set is designed like the A Little Wild set that I previously used, meaning that you can fold the image over for a front and back image.  So cute!!!  I I thought if one spinning elephant is good, three spinning deer's have to be better...right???  Well yes, but I won't lie, this card was a labor of love and I do mean labor!  This is a pretty large card the finished card measures 4x8 so it's big! But because it's so big and because I needed windows cut in the card base I couldn't send it through the big shot to make it easy, nope! I ended up tracing the framelits and fussy cutting the three windows. 
Now looking back on this card, had I made it a side folding card and not a top folding card I could have run it through the big shot.  When I make it again I'll do it that way LOL!  The deer's are all colored with the watercolor pencils and are suspended on some metallic thread so they all spin.  It's so cute and fun!!!  Definitely worth all the extra steps :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: