Friday, June 16, 2017

This Little Piggy Meets Embossing Paste

Let's just take a moment and stare at this little piggy, because it's so cute and he deserves a moment in the spotlight. Awwwwwww!  I stamped him on some Powder Pink cardstock then fussy cut him out.  Initially I thought well it won't be that hard to fussy cut him, he's a pretty simple shape....then you get to the tail and well you start questioning your sanity and why you have these ideas!  It really wasn't that bad and I fussy cut 3 more pigs (you'll see them next week!) so clearly managed to survive...LOL! After he was cut out he looked like he still needed some texture so I used my sponge dauber and some Powder Pink Ink and added some shadding to him.  I used a Blushing Bride Marker to color his nose and the inside of his ears.  I used a Smoky Slate Marker to color his hooves.  The inside of this cards says 'loves you' so cute!!   
I wanted to try more embossing paste so I pulled out the cloud stencil and made some fluffy clouds.  I didn't smooth them out completely because well I don't think clouds are smooth and 2 dimensional.  I left some rougher areas on some of them to add extra texture.  After it dried I didn't like the white on white texture so I added a tiny bit of shading to the clouds with some Soft Sky ink and a sponge dauber.  I added some Lemon Lime Twist grass with a sponge dauber and ink .  This little guy is so stinkin' cute!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: