Thursday, February 9, 2017

Resist Birthday

Embossing resist is a super trendy technique right now.  I've seen so many bloggers all doing it!  I love this technique, it's defiantly one of my favorites to do with heat embossing plus it's so quick and easy!  I started with a piece of white cardstock and white heat embossed the greeting from Big on Birthdays.  I took my Emerald Envy ink pad and a sponge dauber and starting at the bottom I applied ink.  The color gets lighter and lighter as you go up.  Where there is heat embossing it will resist the ink so your embossed image stays crisp and white! So fun!!!!
Blending with an ink dauber can sometimes be tricky because you don't want to end up with a bright circle in the middle of your project.  I tap my dauber onto my ink pad then off on some scratch paper first.  This gets some of the brighter, wetter ink off on the scratch paper not on your project.  I also always start off my paper and using small circles make my way onto may paper.  You want a light touch, it's always easier to add ink, you can't take it away. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: