Friday, February 24, 2017

Emboss Resist

My goal going into the weekend was to make a stack of simple, but cute cards that I could use!  I have a box full of these amazing elaborate cards that I've made from past weekends but I can't use them! They're just too cute!  So I started the weekend by doing some embossing resist.  Mostly I just grabbed some background stamps or stamps that would make a fun background and clear heat embossed them on shimmery white. 
I used my sponge daubers to add colors over each of them, some have more of an ombre look then others.  But I do love how all that embossing just pops through the colors.  So pretty!!! 
For all the greetings, I went through my framelits and found greeting that I could cut out that would work.  I layered 2 of each greeting together to make it a little sturdier.  They're much easier to handle and to attach to cards if they can hold their shape a little better. 
I covered each greeting with some clear Wink of Stella then I covered them with some of our Fine Tip Glue.  This gives them a glossy look and makes them look almost like enamel words.  Plus thanks to the Wink of Stella they sparkle too! 
I hope you enjoy these fun bright cards.  Embossing resist is one of my favorite techniques.  It's so easy and it's always so pretty!!!  I have more to share from the weekend.  Check back next week! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: