Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Watercolor Birthday

I'm such a huge fan of watercolor washes.  I'm also a HUGE fan of this years In Colors, I mean in case you haven't figured it out.  I seem to grab Peekaboo Peach for almost every single card now.  When I'm not grabbing that color I'm reaching for Sweet Sugarplum.  I can't get enough of these colors!  I decided to pair them with Flirty Flamingo and make a fun watercolor wash for my birthday greeting.  
It was really easy! I started with some watercolor cardstock I got it wet with a big flat brush and and clean water, then I picked up the color on my brush and added it to the already damp cardstock.  Since the paper is already wet the color moves and blends on it's own.  I added Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo and then Peekaboo Peach.  Then I just put it aside to dry.  Once dry I embossed the greeting in white and die cut it with our new Stitched Shapes framelits, added some stars and banners and the card was done!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: