Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Hot Cocoa To Go

A while ago I saw this video by Erica and I loved this idea, so I went out and grabbed some of these tiny treat cups with the intention that someday I would make something similar because it was such an amazing idea!  I found the cups at Target in the paper plate/ziplock row. Of course this was months ago but I assume they're still there :)  I was brainstorming some gifts for my guests at my class over the weekend and I remembered I had these cups. Lucky for me it worked out perfectly that the hot cocoa and marshmallows fit perfectly in the cups!  I remembered Erica's idea but none of the instructions so I made up my own measurements to fit my project.   
I think this is the cutest little gift.  I actually made a ton of them, more than I need for my class.  I'm going to keep them on hand and give them to teacher, friends, anyone really.  These are the best little gift!  They're not hard to make.  The cup of hot cocoa holds about 1/4 cup of hot cocoa.  
I used an 8.5 x 11" piece of cardstock, if you're in another country that has a different size cardstock you may need to adjust the measurements.  Everything is a whole number because that's just so much easier!!!  Make all your score lines first.  There's only 5 score lines and you'll do them all on the 11" side of the cardstock.  In the diagram you score on the blue lines and cut on the black.  Easy peasy! Those two pieces that are 7.5x3" will be your box, you'll just adhere them together on the bottom.  There is an extra piece on the top that's 7.5x2.5 I'll share a fun creative use for that tomorrow.  The top right corner with the X is the only scrap from this piece.  Just punch your circle and adhere the pieces to hold the cups on the inside of the box.  It's so so cute!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: