Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Penned And Painted Birthday

I recently got the Penned and Painted set and I love it!!  I had it on my wishlist, but thought "I have enough flower stamp sets" well unless you have this one you don't!  There's so many reasons why I love this one specifically.  First it has the line image stamps of the flowers so if you're feeling particularly adventurous you can color them yourself.  Which leads to all kinds of techniques-you can watercolor them with a blender pen or aqua painter, you can color them with markers you can emboss them and paint over them, lots and lots of fun options there.  But if you don't like to color or maybe just don't have the time, this stamp set also comes with images that fit inside the flowers that make it look like they're watercolored, I mean come on, I LOVE THAT!!!!
This card came together really quickly I used the stamps to give it the watercolored look.  Can I just take a minute to say how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE Peekaboo Peach.  I'm not an orange fan, but this Peekaboo Peach color I literally cannot stop using! It's my current favorite!!!!!!  I stamped the flower image with the Peekaboo Peach, first stamped off on some scratch paper for a lighter look, then I went in with the center or detail of the flower and stamped that in full strength Peekaboo Peach, and finished with the line image of the flower over.  Another great thing about this set, you don't have to kill yourself to line it up perfectly, it will always look good no matter what!  I finished the card with a gold embossed greeting and some sequins (I used the ones that came in the July Paper Pumpkin---seriously people, that was the best assortment ever!).

Thanks for looking, see you soon!  

No comments: