Thursday, August 4, 2016

Umbrella Shaker

Last shaker card from the weekend, this one, like yesterday's is also rainbow themed.  I love it!!!  I started by cutting my umbrella out with the Umbrella Weather Framelits, then I masked off under the umbrella with some post it tape all on watercolor cardstock.  I did a quick rainbow wash over the whole thing, and dried it with my heat tool.  I could have left it to dry but I always worry with post it tape that if you leave it wet too long the water will start to seep under and I wanted crisp, clean lines.  Once the watercoloring was done the rest was pretty easy.   
I used Dimensional Strips to make my shaker area and then added sequins.  I embossed my greeting on vellum with some Copper Embossing Powder.  That was pretty much it.  This was the first card I made Friday...it may have been the only card I made on Friday LOL!   I still have a few more cards to share!  Keep checking back!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Christine Davies said...

Stampin' Up! HAVE to start selling those little light circuit sticker thingies - even my hubby likes them - he chuckled at the card and at me reading your dialogue!
I NEED some of them - TODAY!! :D