Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Rose Wonder Wedding


It's been a while since I pulled out my Rose Wonder set.  It's such a pretty set too!!  Dan and I went to a wedding last weekend. You guys this wedding had gelato (and cake, of course there was cake).  They had about 10-12 different flavors and I'm pretty sure Dan and I sampled them all.  My favorite was the strawberries and champagne, the dark chocolate and the vanilla.  I'm a simple girl, with simple tastes.  They got the ice cream from a place called Frost here in Albuquerque, in Albuquerque Uptown.  Dan and I will go there again, especially now that we know what flavors we like.  Back to the card though :)  If you're going to a wedding you need a card. 
I die cut the rose from the Rose Garden Thinlits and lightly traced with a pencil where it would lay on the card.  Then I loosely and messily watercolored the rose and leaves.  I didn't want it perfect, I was really going for a messy watercolored look.  I didn't want the image to line up perfectly with the colors.  I really love how it came out!  This is a great card for a wedding but you could easily adapt this card for an anniversary, birthday, thank you or just a Wednesday :)  I added some black splatter just for fun and a fun greeting, also in the Rose Wonder set.   

Thanks for looking, see you soon! 

1 comment:

Sandy E. said...

Gorgeous!