Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Layered Embossing

This is the last card from the Sorority Craft weekend.  I still have plenty to share! I've been stamping like a mad women since I returned. Plus my Holiday pre-order arrived yesterday and I can't wait to dive into that! Today's card is over all pretty simple, in person it's pretty stunning, there's lots of shine and texture to it.  I started with a white card base and stamped the Watercolor Wash background on it, then added a vellum card base over it.  This softens the stamped background but also makes for a unique, fun card!   
As for the stamping, I used the mixed borders stamp set.  Everything is stamped in VersaMark and embossed.  I started with the flowers in copper and then leaves in silver and finally the greeting in black.  Make sure to heat each layer before stamping the next.  I love embossing on vellum but vellum can warp easily.  You want to make sure you heat up your heat tool away from the vellum, I usually hold it off to the side for about 30 seconds then when you do bring it to the vellum keep it moving, if you stay in one spot too long you can actually burn the vellum and it turns an ugly yellow-brownish.  It's better to go back over a spot multiple times then hold the heat tool in one spot until everything melts.  I'm going to go start playing with my new stuff!  So excited!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: