Thursday, August 11, 2016

Jar Of Haunts-Sneak Peek!

There's been lots of stamping going on here and I have LOTS to share.  I wanted to start by sharing a couple things I've made with my preorder goodies.  I went a little crazy on my preorder....a lot crazy!  This Holiday Catalog is pretty spectacular though, I'm warning you.....  I typically don't get Halloween stamps, I don't do a lot of Halloween stamping, and usually if I do need a Halloween card I figure something out with what I have, however this year there's a stamp call Jar Of Haunts.  It's pretty fun!  I couldn't resit it!  As described it's a stamp set featuring jars and lots of spooky, festive things you can put in or on the jar.  There's a mummy jar, spooky eyes, gross slime, candy corn and these floating eyeballs!  Also, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer paper!!!!! That's all :)
My original thought with this set is OH MY GOSH I WANT TO MAKE THOSE EYEBALLS SLOSH AROUND IN THE JAR! That's what I did!  The eyeballs are on a tiny penny slider that makes them gently slide back and forth and rock up and down.  Sooooooooo cute!!!!!  The slider was easy to make I cut a rectangle in the jar with an xacto knife, it's just big enough for a small piece of a Dimensional Strip (it's about 3/4"x1/4" the Dimensional Strip is just short of 1/2").  Attach a penny or washer on the back of the jar to the dimensional.  You don't want to make it the rectangle to slide it around too big because it will show and the eyeballs will move around too much.  You don't want the eyeballs sliding out the side of the jar or spinning in a complete circle that's not realistic :)  I'm a little in love with this card, even though it's completely gross!
But it's so much fun I couldn't help myself!  I used Shimmery White for everything, the jar and eyeballs are colored using ink pads and aqua painters.  I used my ink pads and sponge daubers to create the 'table' the jar is sitting on.  The greeting is white embossed on black cardstock, and strategically placed to cover up a boo boo where I dropped the spider stamp and it messed up! Cover up your mistakes creatively, no one will ever know :)  This card is so much fun and whoever I send it to will have endless hours of fun with those moving eyeballs!  I have a less disturbing card tomorrow.....can you say sparkle!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

4 comments:

Lisa S said...

Absolutely amazing!

Jackie said...

This card is freaking great! I can't wait to try making this one! Thanks so much for sharing it and your details on how to recreate it.

barbhanncost@gmail.com said...

Love this card. I hope I understand how you made it so I can CASE it!!!

Donna said...

Wow! Very, very cool; great job! TFS!