Friday, August 19, 2016

Birthday Llama

I know there's some of you waiting to see this llama get inky and here you go!  This card got mailed the day it was made so I didn't have it in my stack of cards to remind me to blog, so that's how he got forgotten.  Since it's a birthday card I wanted to make the llama in a party mood.  What better way to do that then to give a llama maracas and a hat?
The hat is actually on his head.  His ears are pushed through the hat through two little slits I cut in the hat.  If you're going to put a hat on a llama, you have go all for it! The maracas and hat are cut from the coordinating DSP with this set, Fiesta Birthday.  I cut his front teeth and pulled them over the maraca handles.  If you're going to go to the work of actually putting a hat on him you can't skimp on the details when it comes to the maracas too.  He's stamped and watercolored on some watercolor cardstock, I thought that would be nice texture and the blanket on his back is also from the DSP.  I have sooooooo many Holiday Catalog projects to share.  Don't miss next week!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: