Tuesday, July 5, 2016

In Color Love

You guys not since Coastal Cabana or even Baja Breeze have I been this happy with our In Colors!  I seriously cannot stop using them.  I wanted to make a 'one layer' card.  Now it's not exactly a one layer card I do have a couple die cuts on there, but essentially it's one layer.  I love that these colors just work together.  To create the background I took my inks, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum, and my sponge daubers and I just put the ink on the card base.  It's really that easy.  Once my card was nice and covered in ink and my colors were well blended I used my spritzer and made some nice water drops on the card.  Have a paper towel handy, you don't want the water to dry on the card.  The water will 'bleach' out some of the ink, I left the water on for only a few seconds then used the paper towel to blot the card and pick up that water.  I love this look! 
As for the die cuts, I used the Sunshine Wishes thinlits.  I cut the 'love' from some black glimmer paper and the heart from some vellum.  I used 2 pieces of vellum and stuck them together.  I wanted the heart to stand out but not so much that it would become distracting on the card, vellum worked great! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: