Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wisteria Blooms

I have a few cards that I made prior to my new stuff arriving that I wanted to share, we'll get back to new stuff I promise!  This was the Mother's Day card I made my mom.  I was inspired by a card that my friend Kim posted on a Facebook group I'm in.  I thought it was so pretty I made my own!  It's a take on the spotlighting technique, where you stamp an image then color part of it to 'spotlight it' In this case anything stamped on the white in the center.  But if you look closely you'll see that the inside images all line up with the outside images. 
I've been doing a lot of watercoloring lately using Blender Pens and Aqua painters but I got to thinking, "A Wink of Stella Pen is like an aqua painter I wonder if it would color like one......."  It does!!!  Plus it colors with glitter!!!!  You guys I found my new favorite way to color!!!!!  I have another example to share tomorrow with this technique but it's soooooo pretty!!!!  You use the Wink of Stella pen exactly the same way that you would use a Blender Pen or Aqua Painter, pick up a little color on the tip of the brush and color with it! In person the glitter and shimmery shine is out of this world!!!  Keep in mind though when coloring with your Wink of Stella, it uses quite a bit of your shimmer in your pen.  Just something to keep in mind before you color 100 cards :)  I have another card tomorrow showing more of coloring with the Wink Of Stella!!!  

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: