Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Birthday Blooms

I was a little hesitant to get this set when the Occasions catalog first came out.  First I have tons of floral stamp sets. Second my wishlist was waaaayyyyy to long with other stuff I *HAD TO HAVE*.  I did finally get this set a couple weeks ago and now I've been kicking myself for not getting it sooner!  Oh my goodness this set is soooooo much fun to color, and it's gorgeous!!!!  I've made a bunch of cards with this set and every single one of them I love!  I can't pick a favorite.  Though this one could be it!  I stamped the flower all over the background in Sahara Sand on Sahara Sand cardstock.  I love that tone on tone look. In the stamp set there's this little cluster of dots stamp and I stamped that in the small gaps on the background then gold embossed them.  It was such a simple step that added so much to the background.  Just the right amount of sparkle and shine!    
I used my Blender Pens to color the image.  To pick up the ink with my Blender Pen I pressed my ink pads onto an acrylic block.  I know you can squeeze the lid to get your color pallet there too, but I prefer to do it on the block.  I find from the block you can get a more intense color and you can blend a couple colors together on the block before bringing it to your paper.  When your done the blocks clean up nicely and they're ready to use for stamping.  When using Blender Pens also remember that you don't want to go over one area too much, your paper will start pilling and won't look good.  I find that the Thick White cardstock or the Shimmer White cardstock are the best for using with Blender Pens they're thicker and can hold the ink from the pens a little better than our white cardstock.  To finish this card I added a little Gold Dazzling Details to the center of the flower.  It just adds a little sparkle and ties in the gold from the thread and embossing.  This is such a pretty card!  I love it!!!!  The rest of the week I'll be sharing some cards I made with our free stamp set that we got in this months Paper Pumpkin kit.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!! 

1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

WOWZERS!!! I too, love this set and I think it's being carried over. Good thing, because I haven't used it nearly enough. I really like what you did here Ruth. The tone on tone color on the card base is a perfect backdrop to that front and center, gorgeous pink flower. Did you stamp it on white, then use a framelit with vellum? Whatever you did, the layering and coloring are beautiful! Love this! Thanks for sharing it today. Hugs!