Monday, February 15, 2016

Thoughts And Prayers

I've recently become obsessed with colored pencils.  I have a nice set that I bought from a craft store.  Stampin' Up! used to carry watercolor pencils and I've always been mad at myself for not keeping them.....hopefully they'll bring back something similar in the future.  Coloring is a big trend and it doesn't really matter how you color or what you use to color.  I saw this card that just used a white colored pencil on some dark cardstock.  I loved the look and I wanted to give it a try.  
I started with some Elegant Eggplant and Night of Navy Cardstock and stamped a flower from the Best Thoughts Hostess Stamp Set in the Annual Catalog.  This flower is so pretty.  I stamped it in white craft ink on both pieces.  Then I got my white colored pencil and just lightly colored it.  I didn't color everything, just added highlights here and there.  I went over some of the stamped lines so they stand out more.












Once I was done I didn't feel like the flower was 'popping' off the page enough so I grabbed a purple and blue colored pencil, trying to match as closely as I could to the cardstock.  With that colored pencil I traced the outside edge.  In the pictures those lines show up more prominently then in real life.  In person it's subtle and just adds some dimension to the flower.  It was a really sunny day when I took these photos and I think the sun made those lines stand out more than they do.  This card was really simple and really fun to do.  Look at your supplies.  What can you do?

Thanks for looking, see you soon!! 

No comments: