Friday, February 5, 2016

Just For You

 I love this giant greeting in the Botanicals For You Sale a Bration set!  I just love how big and bold it is!  Doesn't it look great on that watercolored background?!!?  This look is so easy to do! I started by taping a piece of watercolor paper to an old piece of chipboard or anything flat and durable.  I just use old washi tape, it peels off easy and leaves a nice border.  Once your paper is taped down use your aqua painter and get the whole paper wet, the wetter your paper is the easier the color will move.  Once it was nice and wet I dropped some Bermuda Bay reinker onto a block and picked it up with my aqua painter.  Drop the color in where you want the darkest part to be.  The color will work it's way down the paper, you can help it along with your aqua painter.  Add more color and help it out as needed.  You can use a heat tool to speed the drying or just let it air dry.  
Once it was completely dry I stamped my greeting and added on some embellishments.  I love the gold layer of cardstock, but I'll let you in on a secret.....I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my gold and silver foil cardstock.  I have a really hard time using it especially as a mat where most of it would be covered.  Now I could have cut a frame out of it and then saved the inside piece that doesn't show but I didn't have that much gold to work with so instead I used white cardstock, some Versa Mark and some Gold Embossing Powder.  It's so easy to add a quick metallic border and a doesn't use hardly any embossing powder.  Those little containers will last forever!  I just pressed my Versa Mark pad on the outside of the white paper, sprinkled embossing powder over it and heat set it!  This is a fun, quick and easy way to add that metallic look without using up all your foil cardstock!  Hope that tip helps! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: