Monday, January 25, 2016

Tweetheart

You guys when I made this card I nearly lost it because the cuteness went a little overboard with this one!  Hands down my favorite card that I've made with this yet!  It all started with that greeting.  I saw it online while searching for Valentine puns for my kids.  We'll this one was too cute to overlook.  I printed it on some vellum cardstock on my computer and got to work.  The glimmer paper heart was left over from another project (check back tomorrow to see that project).  I wasn't about to get rid of a perfect glimmer paper heart so I decided it would be used on this card.  
Of course I had to add a bird to go along with the greeting.  The only bird stamp I had within reach was this Sale a Bration set, Honeycomb Happiness.  I colored him with my markers (Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie) and stamped him on watercolor cardstock and colored him.  Coloring him with the markers instead of stamping with Staz-On or the Archival Black left him with a softer feel instead of a harsh outline.  After I had him colored and cut out he looked a little strange hovering over the heart so I added a branch for him to stand on.  So stinkin' cute!!!!!  Check back tomorrow for the card I made using the rest of that glimmer paper!

Thanks for looking, see you soon! 

No comments: