Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Picture Perfect

Over the Christmas break I was fortunate to get together with a couple stamping buddies, Michelle and Kim, for a fun afternoon of crafting.  I asked Kim to bring this set.  It wasn't originally on my radar from the new catalog but I wanted to play with it.  This rose is sooooooo beautiful!  It left me wondering WHY it wasn't on my radar, ummmm this is probably a set I should own.......probably.....
I only used one color of ink for the rose, Blackberry Bliss.  The most solid image I stamped off on scratch paper twice, then the middle image I stamped off once and final the detail image I stamped full strength.  I think sometimes people think you need 100 ink pads to achieve a look like this, it was all done with 1!!!  I stamped a bunch of leaves too and fussy cut everything!  To add even more depth I used my Gold Wink of Stella pen to brush the edges of all the flowers and leaves in gold!  It adds so much!!!!!  I then splattered some gold all over the background.  I've been a fan of the Wink Of Stella pens for a really long time (don't tell Stampin' Up! but I bought some before they were in the catalog).  I'm soooooo glad that we finally carry them.  Like dimensionals, these pens will probably be in every card I make!  Just look for the sparkle!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: