Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Thankful Fox

 I shared my first of 4 note cards yesterday, today's card is another sweet one, also a little on the masculine side like yesterdays.....though there is a splash of glimmer paper so maybe not :)  I just love this little fox.  I tried a few things with him, nothing seemed to look right, so finally I decided to try stamping him in white on Crumb Cake, I loved it!!!  So soft, simple and sweet!!!  The greeting is stamped on vellum, I used markers to just stamp 'thanks' from one of the greetings in the Thankful Forest Friends set. 
The background gave me tons of problems, I didn't want anything super distracting but leaving it plain wasn't an option, on the Crumb Cake card the fox was lost, on the white cardstock the fox didn't stand out enough.  Finally after a couple other tries I decided to used my Dots For Days Background stamp, but instead of inking the whole thing I used my sponge dauber and randomly inked up parts of it.  I love the look of it!  I'll file that little tip away for another day!  Finally I added a banner and a tiny strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper. (NOTE: we don't sell the champagne color anymore, gold would also look great!)  Really a fun card!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: