Friday, October 23, 2015

Paper Pumpkin Alternate Project Plus Magnetic Tape Questions Answered!

This months Paper Pumpkin has some cute watercolor cards in it, but to be honest I was quite taken with the stamp set more than the projects.  Also I need another floral set like I need a hole in the head but you know you can never have too many!!!  I think the flowers and leafs in the this set are really cute and so pretty!!!  This is a one layer card. I used one of the notecards too, this is quick and easy stamping!  I used some washi tape to mask off a diagonal area on my card then stamped over it.  When you're done stamping, remove the washi tape and you have the perfect masked area for your greeting.   
There's no mind blowing coloring technique going on here.  Just coloring with our Stampin' Write Markers.  I started with Pear Pizzaz, Daffodil Delight, and Rich Razzleberry.  I thought they needed some highlights so I added some Crushed Curry to the yellow, Old Olive to the green and Blackberry Bliss and a white gel pen to the purple.  I just dotted the darker color over the lighter color, it gives a fun look to it.  I wanted to add some color around the flowers too so I went in and added some more speckled dots with Bermuda Bay and Tempting Turquoise.  Fun and simple and super cute!!!!
Now onto really important stuff.  I had a few emails, texts, and/or comments on my blog about more info on the magnetic tape I used on the Santa boxes from this post.  I don't blame you, it's a really cool product, and boy did you guys have questions from where I got it to is it actually tape or just a big roll!  I will try to answer them all, if I do miss a question comment, text or email me again :)  Where did I get it?  I mentioned that I got it at a big box craft store, because of blog guidelines from Stampin' Up! I didn't specifically name the store but since I wasn't there buying competing products with Stampin' Up! I think it's ok to mention it (I hope).  I got it at Hobby Lobby, I found it in the section with the rest of the magnets.  That might be a different section from store to store, I would ask someone where they sell the craft magnets.  If you don't have a HL in your area or if you check and yours doesn't carry it check Amazon, they have everything!  What brand name was it?  Honestly I was so excited to try it out and to use it, I ripped it out of it's package and didn't look back, so I can't give you a specific brand and it's not on the actual dispenser so ummm marketing failure on their part.  Is it really tape? YES!!!!!  It comes in a tape dispenser just like your scotch tape, it tears off easily (I would say a little tougher than scotch tape but pretty easy considering its a magnet.). It's sticky on one side just like tape, there's no backing, just tear and stick!  Is it a strong hold (in terms of the magnet strength)?  The thing that surprised me the most was it actually worked!  Some craft magnets just don't seem to work, especially the ones that come in the giant roll, I have never had success with those.  This stuck well, it held all the boxes closed and there was definite pull from both sides of the magnet like there should be with magnets.  That said, I don't think it's going to stick to a fridge or hold papers on a magnetic board or anything like that, BUT I also haven't tried that!  I think I got all the questions, if not let me know.  This was an amazing find and I'm glad you guys are excited about it just like I was am.  I'm that dork that skips out of the store when I find something cool, even if that cool thing is a magnet :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!  

No comments: