Friday, October 16, 2015

Acorn Spinner

 It's been years since I've made a spinner card. They're really so adorable and so simple I'm not sure why I haven't made one in so long.  I came across this card and loved that the acorn was used as a spinner and I wanted to make it so bad!  I love it too!!!  This card is super simple, even the spinner element is simple!  You can do it, I promise!  We'll get to the spinner element in a minute.  The acorn is stamped in some Tangelo Twist to coordinate with the Into The Woods DSP.  A little linen thread on top and that's basically the card.
Now for the spinner.  There's a couple of ways to do it.  I used the penny spinner method, I think it's pretty easy and you can make 100 for only $1 :)  If you're using DSP and cardstock like I did on this card, make sure to attach the DSP to the cardstock first.  I wouldn't recommend just using DSP, it's needs to be stronger cardstock so it doesn't tear.  Once you have your DSP attached, use your Word Window punch (this is the perfect size punch for this!!!)  I pushed it up as far as it would go on my cardstock, you're going to punch it at least twice if it's pushed up as far as it will go you'll ensure that you'll get perfect alignment.  I punched one side, moved it over and punched the other side, if you need to punch the center too go back and do that.  You should end up with a really long word window shape.  Now take your stamped image and a small piece of a dimensional, a whole dimensional is too big and won't spin as well, unless you make the punched area slightly larger. I find it's easier to trim a dimensional. I usually use a piece of the edge for this.  I use about a third of a dimensional.  Don't worry it will be strong enough to hold everything I promise!  Take your dimensional and stick it on the back of your stamped image.  Place your stamped image with the dimensional in the punched window area and stick the penny on the back of that dimensional. The penny is heavy enough that when you tilt the card back and forth your acorn will spin.  Super super cute!  That's it!!!  Make sure to add the panel to your card base with dimensionals so that it has room to spin in the back. Have fun making these!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: