Thursday, August 27, 2015

Shaking Dinosaur

 Last week was Logan's birthday.  I wanted to make a shaker card and use the No Bones About It dinosaur set.  I really wanted the full front to be a shaker, so I took two pieces of window sheets cut to 4 1/4x 5 1/2.  I went the really easy route and closed the sides with Washi Tape.  Make sure to add all your shaker bits before closing up the last side.  This actually worked really well.  And the shake around a lot! *NOTE: I used thinner window sheets that Stampin' Up! used to sell.  The thinner sheets have more give and let the shaker bits shake around, not sure it would work as well with the thicker window sheets we sell now.  If you try the washi tape shaker, make sure you use a thinner plastic, you could even try a transparency sheet or even a page protector.* 
 I love that you can see right through the card with this one. I fussy cut the dinosaur and party hat.  I used the Little Letters Framelits for the 'RAWR'.  The colors are kept pretty simple with card.  I used Bermuda Bay, Delightful Dijon and Black.  Simple but perfect for a little boy. 
The inside is simple too, just a greeting and some extra washi tape on the bottom of the card.  To attach the window sheet shaker to the card I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/4 x 6 then scored it at 1/2" on the 6" side.  Then I had a little half inch tab that I could stick the shaker window to.  Logan loved the card and spent lots of time playing with it :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!   

No comments: