Friday, August 7, 2015

Rainbow Butterflies


While I think this card is so pretty it didn't quite turn out as planned.  I think the colors didn't blend as well together as I would have hoped so instead of having a nice smooth transition of colors I have sharper more harsh lines.  I guess I need to practice my watercoloring a little more.  I was inspired by this card by one of last years Stampin' Up! Artisan Winners.  I used more bold colors on my card, then the softer colors from Cindy.  I started by embossing a piece of watercolor paper.  I went with watercolor paper because I knew I'd been adding lots of water and I really wanted the paper to hold it.  I worked in the rainbow order and worked my way down the card.  Working on blending the colors as I went.
The greeting from Over The Rainbow was perfect for this card.  To add some sparkle and try to mask some of those harsh watercolor lines, I covered each and every butterfly with the Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen that I got on Amazon.  I really was hoping for this or a pen like in the Holiday catalog, but no such luck. Still holding out hope for the next one :)  This card really is pretty and was a lot of fun to make!!!  I highly recommend this beautiful embossing folder if you don't already own it!  Make sure you check my blog this weekend, I have special Saturday and Sunday posts going up!!  I'm still sharing all the cards I made at the craft weekend!   
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: