Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pop Up Again!

 I have the final two cards from my Pop Up Card Class.  This fun Christmas card I'm actually not sure it's considered a Pop-Up card or just a fun fold.  I LOVED it and wanted to incorporate it into this class regardless.  I first saw it here on Julie's blog.  I couldn't believe how easy it was!  Make sure you check out her blog for full instructions.  

   
When you open the card it pops up into this fun diorama card.  I love it!!  It's so unique and fun!!!  The card base is 5.5x10.5 and you score along the 10.5" side at 3.5, 6.5, 7 and 10.  There's a larger panel between two half inch sided panels, that's the panel you want to punch your circle or whatever shape you want.  Add a little Tear Tape along the last half inch panel and adhere that along the first score line.  Really simple and easy!   
The final card we did is similar to this card that I made at craft weekend.  I love the colors on this card.  I just love the yellow and black butterfly!  So so so pretty.  The outside like the rest of the cards is very simple, I think when you want your 'wow' factor inside, keep the outside pretty simple. 
Speaking of that wow factor.  Check out the inside of this card.  I couldn't love it more!!!!  We used the Bold Butterfly framelits to cut 2 black and one Delightful Dijon butterfly.  They're simply folded in half and attached together.  The black ones get attached to the card, one on either side of the score line. 
I think this is my favorite one, but I think it's a tough call, I love them all!!!  This card could easily be modified to any color you can add more butterflies if you'd like.  Keep in mind the more you add the bulkier it will be and won't fold flat.  I hope you give some of these pop up cards a try!

Thanks for looking, see you soon! 

No comments: