Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thanks Watercolor Wings


How much prettier can this butterfly get?!  Yesterday I showed you the smaller version of the butterfly from the Watercolor Wings set, today I'm sharing the larger ones.  The two cards were made days apart, but both times I ended up reaching for my Mint Macaron pad.....interesting......  This time I paired Mint Macaron with Bermuda Bay, and I love how they came out!  The card is really simple.  The butterfly is the main focus of the card.  I do have a die cut greeting from the Greetings Thinlits.  After I die cut it, I covered the top with Versa Mark and embossed it with clear embossing powder so it's nice and shiny!
For the butterfly, I stamped with my Mint Macaron Pad first the base butterfly, then I used my Bermuda Bay to stamp the outside of the wings, I stamped off on scratch paper first.  The inside and the details of the butterfly are also stamped with Bermuda Bay without stamping off.  To finish I added some fun dots from the same set and some of the new Gold Thread.  This stuff is fun and so pretty but it's the thinnest thread in the world!  I love the final look but I seem to keep fumbling with it :)  Practice, practice, practice!  :)
Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!

No comments: