Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mint Butterfly


One of the very first sets that went on my MUST HAVE list from the new catalog was the new butterfly set Watercolor Wings.  It's so so so pretty!!!  I'll share another sample made with this set tomorrow. I went for the smaller butterfly in this set for this card.  But before we get to the butterfly let's talk about the background.  I wanted something bold so I grabbed my Boho Chic folder, when I embossed it, I didn't get boldness I was looking for.  I was pretty but just more subtle then I wanted.  I tried again this time inking up one side of my embossing folder.  It's easy to do, just smoosh (gently) your pad on one side of the embossing folder.  Put your paper in and very carefully (you don't want the paper to shift at all!) run it though the big shot.  It's so pretty when it's out!  To clean off your embossing folder just run it under some water and let dry.  Which side you ink up is really up to you.  For this card I inked up the 'negative' side, meaning the diamonds are the raised part of the embossing folder.  Where it's colored with the ink is the flat part.  I hope that makes sense. 
For the butterfly, to create the multi colored look there's 3 different stamps.  I used two colors for this Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe.  The first stamp I stamped in Mint Macaron and stamped off on some scrach paper first so it was lighter, then I stamped the edge of the wings in full strength Mint Macaron, finally the details with the Tip Top Taupe.  I added a greeting, glitter and ribbon and that finishes the card.  Make sure to check back tomorrow for another sample with the Watercolor Wings stamp set.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

WHAT??? Oh Ruth, this is gorgeous! I have to try this...have never inked up an embossing folder, but this is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.