Monday, June 15, 2015

Watercolor Birthday


I had some watercolor paper sitting on my desk for a while so I decided to break it out and use it :)  I've seen this layout with watercolored cards all over Pintrest.  I thought I'd give it a go.  Usually with random watercolor, my cards don't come out well.  This one however I was pleasantly surprised.  I used Hello Honey and Watermelon Wonder for the watercolor parts.  There is a little Mint Macaron in there but when mixed with the other colors it just turned kind of brown and iky so I quickly soaked that up with some baby wipes, which left for some interesting color bleeds for the other two colors.  I did go in after the paper was dry with some Mint Macaron and Gorgeous Grunge and add a little 'splatter'.
I really like the way these two colors worked together.  I wanted to do something a little different for the greeting, I've been kind of on a banner kick lately, but instead of flagged ends on my banners I went another direction.  I also love that little bit of Mint Macaron lace peeking out the bottom.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Kay Jantz said...

Hi Ruth, love this card and love the colors you chose!