Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Thanks With Butterflies

If you're looking for some quick and beautiful thank you cards look no further! :)  I made a bunch of these for a gift (set of 6 in about 30 minutes).  The longest part was cutting the butterflies out with the Big Shot, but let's be honest even that only took a few minutes. I am using some retired DSP on these cards but you could use any DSP.
These cards are great for the DSP's with brighter patterns.  The layer of vellum over it really softens the look and makes the butterflies pop.  The vellum is glued down behind the butterflies and just a dot of Tombow (green glue) in each corner.  You can't even see it can you?!
You could add ribbon, rhinestones, pearls or any other accessory to jazz up the card more.  Of course you don't have to use a butterfly at all.  This would be really pretty with a flower or another stamped element.
I think the vellum is really what makes thsee cards stand out.  As much as I love vellum, I wish I could take credit for this idea.  I saw a card that used the vellum like this somewhere and now I can't find the original source :(  But it's a really fun and simple technique.  Go try it!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

kim said...

TFS! I love that you can see the DSP through the vellum. I always think it's such a waste to use DSP, then cover most of it with cardstock. Very nice card.