Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Envelope Punch Board Box-Three Ways!


I have a Pintrest board that's boxes, lots of different boxes, a lot of them are Sam's boxes from Pootles.  I've shared A LOT of her boxes before, she still amazes me at her amazing talent!  I have another box to share tomorrow that was inspired by Sam.  But today I have these sweet boxes made with the Envelope Punch Board.  I used this tutorial, it's specifically for the center one.  I made it 3 times and closed each one a little different.  The measurements and cutting is all the same (except the basket one-more on that later), it just depends on how you finish it.  The best part, all of these boxes are made with a 6x6 piece of DSP so the Cherry On Top pack that I used is perfect!  They're already cut to that size!  Or you can get 4 out of a 12x12 sheet of DSP.
The tutorial on Sam's blog is for this box, or a bag in a box as she describes it.  Super cute!!!  Perfect for little treats, or jewelry :)  It's so cute! The only adhesive is a couple of glue dots.  Oh and that cherry DSP-OH SO CUTE!!!  You'll notice on all my boxes that they are all simple and the only accessory used is some bakers twine.  That's really just to keep them simple and easy to make a ton of.  Of course you can add tags or other embellishments.  This paper is so cute though, I didn't think any of the boxes needed anything extra :)
The basket is the only one that is cut different, in Sam's tutorial after the box is scored and punched she cuts along the lines on either side of the big tab.  Well by mistake I cut the opposite way.  No problem though.  This cute basket was born!  Just adhere along the short sides instead of the long sides.  I added a little handle and some bakers twine bows.  I also filled this one with a handful of Hershey Kisses because why not!??!
Finally the third box.  This one was cut the same way as the bag in a box style, but instead of gluing the tabs on the outside I adhered them on the inside to give the box a more crisp finish.  The top isn't glued down the only thing holding it closed is the twine.  I think this one is my favorite :)  Make sure to check out Sam's tutorial to make your own.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: