Friday, February 13, 2015

Painted Petals Thanks


The Painted Petals set in the Occasions catalog really is one of the sweetest stamp sets in the catalog.  The flowers are so easy and fun to work with.  I quickly stamped this background with the stamps in no time.  My biggest tip when your stamping a whole sheet like this and making a background: start with your largest stamps first.  You can fill in the small spaces later with smaller stamps.  Make sure you get your large ones down first.  I stamped the Blackberry Bliss and Strawberry Slush flowers first then filled in all the leaves and the Hello Honey dots. 
For the greeting I used the 'thanks' from the Hello You Thinlits in Black cardstock.  I stacked 3 of them together to give them more stability.  I originally thought I would use my sticker maker but that didn't work so well.  What was the problem?  It suck too well. Normally that isn't an issue but with these words, when you're stacking them, it's important to be able to line them up exactly and with the adhesive from the sticker maker, once it was down it wasn't moving, so I switched to Tombow because I could as least wiggle it into place before it dried.  To finish the 'thanks' I went over it with some Crystal Effects.  I love this look, I think it gives it a finish similar to our fun Epoxy Stickers.  I just love that look!!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: