Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Love This


I have another fun sample for you today made with the You Brighten My Day Set.  You might remember the bulbs from earlier this week here.  This set is so much fun.  I'm loving all the little pieces in it, it's a really fun set and what makes it even better is you can get it for FREE!!!!  It's one of the Sale A Bration stamp sets, this one is a great one to have in your stash!  For this card I went with some rarely used colors, I used Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana.  I actually use Coastal Cabana a lot but not the other two.  I love the soft look of these three colors together.  I thought together they would make the perfect background for this card.  I used a ruler and with a pencil drew a few lines on my card about an inch apart.  These were the guides I used to stamp my hearts.  I wanted them pretty straight and lined up so I used my Stamp A Ma Jig for perfect placement.  It really didn't take long at all.  It actually went much quicker than even I thought it would.  If you're alternating inks, just make sure you have your cleaner and pads handy so you can clean and dry and keep stamping.  If you use one color it really would go fast.  So with the help of my Stamp A Ma Jig I lined up and stamped all my hearts.  Then I erased all those pencils lines.  You would never know there were there. 
The background is lovely and would make a great card on it's own but I wanted to try out this new tool I got....more on that in a minute.  I die cut the 'you' from the Hello You Thinlits out of Silver Glimmer Paper, I stamp the 'love' from the Crazy About You set, both in the Occasions Catalog.  That pretty much completed the card, I did add a little twine to the card to really complete it.  Now to my new tool....
I got this really fun new Xyron Sticker Maker from Amazon.  It was under $15 and I thought a good buy and defiantly worth a try to add adhesive to the back of all those thinlits, framelits and other small items.  Obviously this was not my original idea, I'm not that cleaver.  I've seen it used in many other places.  For the price, how could I pass it up.  And I LOVE IT!!!  Adhering die cuts and thinlits will never be the same!!!
I got the 2.5 inch one.  There is a larger 5 inch one.  I'll defiantly
consider that one for the future but right now I'm happy with my 2.5 inch one.  There's also a smaller one, about 1.5 inches, but it's about the same price as the 2.5 inch one, you might as well get the bigger one.  I wanted to see how well it worked so I ran a bunch of stuff, different paper, thickness, I wanted to see how well it did.  It did great on all of them!  I even put in a speech bubble from the Essential Wooden Elements.  Worked great on that too!!!
Mine came with the permanent adhesive. I also got a refill of a permanent adhesive, don't want to run out!!!  I peeled back the backing on the balloon one.  There is a lot of adhesive on there and it's a really strong hold, I'm really pleased with that.  The kids are really anxious to get their hands on this machine of mine, so this well be stored out of their reach, at least so that they can't use it unsupervised :)  I posted these last 3 pictures on Facebook over the weekend and there were a few people that had already discovered this little gem.  So who knows, maybe I'm late to the party but I love mine and I want to know, do you use a sticker maker in your crafting?  Do you love it?  Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: