Thursday, February 12, 2015

Gold Butterfly


I think I've shared all my Valentine treats with you.  Logan didn't want anything fancy so he did his own, store bought {gasp!}.  It really was easier this year, plus it was a good lesson in responsibility since it was all him.  I had the Butterfly Basics stamp set sitting on my desk for a couple days and this gold butterfly that I had ran through my sticker maker to test it out. So on a whim one afternoon I just started stamping.  I was all pretty random.  I wasn't exactly sure where it was going but I think it ended up lovely!  I used the flower and fern stamps to create the background, it's very random.  The edge needed a little something so I stamped the border along it and finished with a greeting. 
I added the butterfly but thought it needed some color to it.  So I had a scrap of Calypso Coral on my desk and used that.  This card was really the result of a lazy afternoon of stamping and just using what was in arms length.  It's a great way to challenge yourself and be creative, not to mention clean up your desk!  :)  And I'm still super happy with my sticker maker!  To read more about it check out this post from last week.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: