Friday, January 16, 2015

Watercolor Congrats


What happens when you leave a piece of watercolor paper on your desk then drop a Daffodil Delight ink pad open on top of it??  You get this card!  Yes it's true, I had a stack of watercolor paper on my desk and yes I dropped a Daffodil Delight pad on top leaving a fun Daffodil Delight mark....so what to do......I grabbed some Tangerine Tango and Bermuda Bay ink and turned it into a card!!  To get this really fun background I got my paper really wet, then I just added some color, make sure to overlap your colors so they blend nicely together.  Once I got the desired look I was going for I let it dry, you can speed this process up with a heat tool.  I just left it for a while and came back to it.
Once it was dry I trimmed it down and added a greeting.  I thought it still needed something so I grabbed by white Craft reinker and I diluted it with some water, not a lot just enough to thin it out a little.  Then I used a paintbrush and just 'splattered' it with the craft reinker/water mixture.  I love this look!  So overall, I turned a mistake into a fun watercolored card, remember there's no mistakes in stamping, just creative opportunities!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: