Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy Bird


I really like this bird, I think he's super cute.  This bird is in one of the new Sale A Bration stamp sets, called A Happy Thing.  I loved this bird but the greetings in the stamp set are really fun too, and there's another image, a lemon or lime maybe.  So super cute!!!  The card is really pretty simple.  I wanted to bird to really be the focus of the card.  The background on the Soft Suede piece is stamped with another new set from the Occasions Catalog called Sheltering Tree.  The stamp is the leaves for the tree.  Love when a stamp set can do double duty!!
For the bird I colored him with markers then stamped it on Whisper White Cardstock.  I wanted the colors to blend a little so I pulled out my Glitter Pen (Wink of Stella) that I got on Amazon--Please please SU sell this pen!!!!!  I used that to 'watercolor' the image.  I went over it and pulled the color from the markers.  I love the final result.  There's an amazing shimmer to it (tough to capture in the pictures) and while it pulled the colors from the image it didn't mess up the stamped image, you can still see every detail of the stamped image.  I love that! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: