Thursday, November 27, 2014

12 Weeks Til Christmas Countdown: Week 9



Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends!!!  Make sure to fit in some stamping time between the cooking and eating :)  We'll be putting up our Christmas tree this weekend.  We normally like to wait until December, but since it looks like we won't have a free weekend between now and Christmas we're doing it this weekend :)  Anyone else spending the holiday weekend decorating?  As long as your decorating, here's a couple Christmas ornaments you can add to your tree.
The angel is really cute!!!  Isn't she???!  She's going to look great hanging from our tree.  I saw this sweet angel on Pintrest.  I think it was made from wood (the link was bad so I don't know the original source), but I thought she was so cute and I could figure that out with punches.  Her body is the XL Oval, her wings are hearts, her head, hair and halo are all circles, her hands and feet are small hearts cut in half,  her arms are the word window.  She came together really quickly and so cute!!  I covered her in sparkle from my glitter brush pen, her halo has some Crystal Effects on it to make it shine.  She would also be adorable added to a card :)
Next is the sweet reindeer ornament I made for my good friend Carmelita, she's moving in just a couple weeks, far away.  I'm really going to miss her!  I got to sit next to her at the craft weekend, I'm hoping she'll visit us during craft weekends :)  But I made her this sweet ornament for her tree in her new home.  Isn't he the cutest!! I want to make a million of them and do a whole tree with them.  They're so cute!!!!!
Here's the inspiration for this guy, I just love him!!! He's super simple too, lots of circles, I don't have him so I don't know exactly which circles I used.  Sorry!!  Play with him and make you're own.  His antlers are the snowflake punch (retired), his ears are from the bird and branch punch.  I used the 1/2 inch circle to punch a hole for the light to go through, it was the perfect size.  I also used some tombow and glued his head to the candle base.  Then to make it hang I tied some bakers twine around the candle. 
Remember to join me next week for week 10. If you've missed the past weeks click the links below.
Week 8
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: