Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Happy Dino


This card is my favorite from World Card Making Day.  This little dino from the Little Buddy Birthday set is soooo cute!!  This picture kind of looks like the card is squished.  It's not really, weird :/ But I love this card the way it folds.  I used my circle framelits and cut a half circle right on the top score line.  I used the next size up from the size I cut out my dinosaur with.  When the card is closed it fits in a standard envelope.  It's still 5.5 inches high.  When you open the card.....
The circle fits right over the little dinosaur and there's another panel inside that you can embellish.  The dinosaur is colored with Blendabilities, after my Blendabilities class last month I decided to get the Calypso Coral set.  It's really not my favorite color I hardly ever use it.....but it colors so pretty!  I may break it out more for coloring!  I also used my Wisteria Wonder and Daffodil Delight colors for the dino and my Smoky Slate color to add a shadow under him.  When you're coloring people, or animals, or dinosaurs it's really important to ground them with a shadow or any surface.  It makes a huge difference when you add a little shadow opposed to a 'floating' object.   
The bottom panel folds out and you have plenty of room for a message or more stamping!  Tomorrow is Week 2 of my 12 Weeks of Christmas!  Don't miss it! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: