Thursday, October 30, 2014

12 Weeks Til Christmas Countdown: Week 5


Week 5!  I'm really, really loving this set Gentle Peace.  It's a wonderful set to use if you're a fan of Blendabilities.  I'm having a great time, just relaxing and spending some time coloring.  It's actually pretty therapeutic.  I colored this one pretty similar to the last one that I colored here.  I changed a few of the colors but for the most part kept them pretty similar.  So what did I change on this card???  I embossed some vellum with our star embossing folder.  I love this look, it tones down the brightness of the Crushed Curry so that it doesn't distract you from the main image.  I also used my markers to just color a small part of the sentiment.  I love this quick addition. 
But what really makes this card stand out is the glitter!!!  After I colored it I covered the entire image in Versa Mark and embossed it with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  The glitter is amazing!!!  It's so pretty in real life.  Capturing glitter on camera is not easy but you can get a good glimpse of the shine in this picture.  I love the look.  I hope you enjoyed this week on the countdown.

Remember to join me next week for week 6. If you've missed the past weeks click the links below.
Week 3
Week 4
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: