Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kind Butterfly


I'm a little bit in love with this card :)  This butterfly makes me happy.  I don't know if it's because it's so big and is a wonderful focal point for the card, or if it's because it's embossed-which I love, or if it's because it's water colored-which I love too, or maybe it's the awesome bright colors that I love!  Either way it's an amazing card.  The background is a mix of Kinda Eclectic and Gorgeous Grunge, both of which are my go to sets for backgrounds.  The greeting is embossed on vellum, because I wanted it to match the embossed butterfly, and because I really like embossing on vellum :)
For the butterfly, after I embossed it, I used my aqua painter and got it really wet.  Make sure you're doing this on watercolor paper!!!  Once the paper is wet all you have to do is drop in color and they blend and do their own thing all on it's own!  I started with Blackberry Bliss, then used Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo and Hello Honey.  I know these colors (perhaps with the exception of the Blackberry Bliss) look nothing like their original colors but that's because they've blended and mixed together.  I especially love the coraly/orangy  color that the Melon Mambo and Hello Honey created so pretty!!!!  Once it was dry (you can speed this step up with your heat tool) I cut out the butterfly and attached it to my card.  LOVELY!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 


No comments: