Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Still Copying The Catalog


I have the last two samples from my Copy The Catalog Class.  I happen to really love these two, so I'm gonna get all gushy in a minute :)  The first is a card I loved on page 46 of the catalog, it's down on the bottom next to the cake. Let me tell you why I love this card, in one word. Ready? Here it is.  Washi.  That's it!  Washi Tape!  Ok two words.  This is the Beach House Washi Tape, in the catalog they use the Sweet Sadie ones, both great, you can't go wrong!  So for this card, I changed the colors to coordinate with the washi tape I had and I changed the stamped balloons on the one in the catalog to random dots.  Dots will work with anything!  This is the polka dot from the Work Of Art set.  We also used the Watercolor Thank You.  I think it's my favorite thank you stamp!    You could easily whip up a bunch of these in no time!  Perfect!!!  Don't you just LOVE washi tape!!!!!!?!
Finally my favorite card!  This is inspired by a card on page 56 of the catalog, the top left.  I changed the colors, I added more layers, but the basic card is still there.  This card is another one that you could easy do 100 in no time, well a little time-100 cards is lot of cards :)  There's 3 stamps, you just stamp, stamp, stamp you're done stamping!  To finish the card, I took some ribbon, all different ribbon, all the colors we used.  Isn't coordination a wonderful thing!  So we have the Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin, the Early Espresso Cotton (by the way, this cotton ribbon is the BEST RIBBON EVER!!!), finally the Crumb Cake Seam Binding.  I just used a staple to hold them in place.  Works great!!  This is probably my favorite card.  I love the simplicity, I love the ribbon, I just love it all!!!  So what are you waiting for, get your catalog out and go make something!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!!

No comments: