Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Stamp Camp


I actually took pictures at stamp camp!!  Can you believe it?  It only took me 8 years to remember to use the camera that I bring every year!!  This is by far one of the biggest classes I do.  I work with my upline Amber.  Our new catalog stamp camp begins every year with our HUGE retired stamp set sale.  We had five 6 foot tables end to end.  We filled them all (this is only our stuff, just the two of us.....it's possible we have addiction problems....nothing a little stamping can't cure right!)
We line up all our stamp sets first then the accessories are on the end.  We do stamp camp at my church (I also hold all my classes there).  The sale is in our gallery, my church is blessed with massive space so thankfully we always have room! 
People love to come shop our stamp sale!  It's a huge perk of stamp camp.  And who doesn't LOVE a deal?!!  We sell our stamps 50% off, some that have been retired a long time are discounted even further.  The sale opens first thing in the morning at 9am for our stamp camp attendees.  After they get first pick anyone else who wants to shop can come at 10.  There is ALWAYS stuff left over!   
The doors to stamp camp open at 10am, everyone makes 6 cards.  Amber I and choose 3 new stamp sets to work with and we each make a card with each set. The cards are always different but it shows the versatility of each set. We love it!!  Again we're blessed with space here.  It's never crowded or packed. 
We have 8 tables set up, 4 on each side.  Amber has one side of the room I have the other.  Everyone rotates tables.  Six of the tables have the projects on them the other two are extra tables for people to look through their catalog (they get a free one for attending!), or to place an order.  Big shots line the center of the room, and we have snacks at the front of the room. 
There is MAJOR stamping that goes on at stamp camp.  This is one of Amber's stamps at the end of stamp camp.  Now I know that some of you might be cringing at the look of this set.  It doesn't bother me or Amber.  I think a stained stamped is a well used stamp, a well used stamp is a well loved stamp. 
Now for some cards, one of the sets we chose was Something To Say.  We ALWAYS use new colors and accessories for this class.  Here's my card that I designed using the Something To Say set.  I love this new DSP, Moonlight.  The Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey are my favorites of the new In Colors. 
Purely by coincidence, Amber used the exact same DSP and colors for her Something To Say card.  Both cards are different, but with the same color.  I used the White Notecards for mine and Amber's is the standard size card.  I have the rest of the cards to share over the next couple days, keep checking back!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I'm crazy about Blackberry Bliss too! Probably my new favorite color ... and I love the blackberry bliss ribbon. I want to put it on EVERYTHING. On a side note, that filthy stamp makes me want to cry. Someone should be punished for stamp abuse. Sincerely, some random commenter ... not your stalker. ;)

Bobbi Miller said...

What a great event! Looks like you have great attendance as well as great sales of retired items. I love your cards too! Blackberry Bliss is my favorite too, and Hello Honey is 2nd. I've been playing with other colors, and BBliss goes with Strawberry Slush, Sahara Sand, and Crisp Cantaloupe very well too! Great cards..thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

I like the way you took photos and explained the way you do your event. You are very blessed to have that space! That's a lot of work - great job. I think well loved stamps work just fine.