Friday, June 27, 2014

Pixar Meets Logan


Since I did Megan's name for her room (check out yesterday's post), I naturally had to do Logan too.  Of course Logan wouldn't want Frozen characters, in fact he probably wouldn't want glitter at all.  I decided to do a variety of characters him from a few movies.  So we went with Pixar movies.  We have Toy Story (1, 2 and 3), Finding Nemo and Monster's Inc. (and Monster's University).  I did these characters after the Frozen ones, I was worried these would be more challenging.  I was wrong!  I think the one that took the longest was Woody, there's simply more layers (if you count drying time it would be Buzz though).  They came out so cute I love them!!!
If you're a breathing person you know who the first two are.  Woody and Buzz are probably some of the most famous Pixar character EVER!  So the pressure was on to get them right!  I love them though.  Woody is done in Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White and Real Red.  Everything is sponged in the coordinating color.  The stripes on his shirt are just drawn on with a marker.  So stinkin' CUTE!!! 
Buzz is super cute too, he was the character I was most worried about.  Somehow he ended up being so simple!  I used Whisper White, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi and Elegant Eggplant.  The buttons are in Pacific Point, Old Olive, Real Read and Daffodil Delight.  I put some Crystal Effects over each button to give it that 'glossy' look. 
Nemo was the first one I did.  The G in Megan's name really had me stumped so I wanted to get the hardest letter out of the way first.  Nemo was a great choice for the G  The stripes were easy to do and they go so well on this letter.  I just drew what I wanted the stripes to look like and then cut them out.  The colors for this letter are Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Whisper White.  All sponged in Pumpkin Pie. 
The A is clearly Mike Wasoski from the Monsters movies.  He was super simple!!!  I covered him in Wild Wasabi, sponged in Wild Wasabi and added an eye.  That's it!!!!!  I used Whisper White, Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise for his eye.  FUN!!!! 
Finally Sully from the Monsters movies.  He was pretty simple too, and quick.  The N is covered in Tempting Turquoise and sponged in the same color.  The spots are Perfect Plum, sponged in the coordinating color.  Finally some Whisper White horns to complete him.  These letters, along with Megan's are so much fun!!!  I just have to figure out how I'll hang them on the wall.......
Finally, Megan had a crown, Logan gets a star.  I did add just a little of my glitter mixture (Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds) around the edge of the star.  Then I cut out another star and popped it up on dimensionals.  I then covered that star with Crystal Effects, no glitter, just Crystal Effects.  It gives a wonderful glossy look.  I have so so so so much more to share, check back everyday next week!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!..the names are awesome!..you really out did your self..Thank you for the inspiration. I am going to try and make Frozen for my 29 yr old daughter, and try and do a Mickey Mouse one for a friend who is the Mickey character at Disneyland. Again thank you so much for the inspiration!
Ana
Hunting Beach, CA

Anonymous said...

WOW! Now I think I need to make some of these for all my nieces and nephews for Christmas. Absolutely adorable! First though I think I need to make my name in Toy Story characters. Maybe you should do a class in the future??
Joni

Melinda said...

These are totally ADORABLE!!! I love both of them. The glitter cape LOVE it! Maybe you could put them on a shelf. Great job.

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Ruth, these are so great as well! I saw the ones for Megan yesterday and you did a fantastic job on both sets! Did you just use wood letters that you can get at the big box stores? I may have missed that info in the first post. Anyway, these are great! TFS