Monday, June 23, 2014

Flower Boxes


When demonstrators attend convention or other events it's usually tradition to make each other 'pillow gifts'.  Just small gifts for your roommates.  I figured the scrapbook weekend would be no different.  So these are my pillow gifts for my roommates.  We reserved a couple of suites so that we had plenty of room.  It was so much fun!!!
These adorable boxes are made from the Envelope Punch Board, one of THE BEST INVENTIONS EVER!  Once my gift was done I needed a sweet way to package them.  I suddenly remembered the adorable flower box that Sam from Pootles had made.  It was perfect!!! Make sure you check out Sam's blog for all the details on this sweet box. 

I filled the box with shredded DSP (it's the retired newsprint one).  These boxes were so easy and quick to put together.  I just love them!!  I used the new Lullaby DSP and a few different colors of cardstock, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Canteloupe and Hello Honey.
Inside the boxes are a super cute key chain, with a charming rubber stamp on it!!!  The stamps on the key chain are made from our Simply Pressed Clay!!!  I LOVE THIS CLAY!!!!  I used Soft Suede and Early Espresso ink to dye the 'wood' part of the stamp, then I molded the clay into a rounded square.  The 'rubber' on the stamp is dyes with Rose Red ink.  The hearts were done with the new heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  I punch a heart from cardstock then used a small knife to carefully trace around the punched image. 
Once both pieces were dried I used Crystal Effects to glue to them together.  The rest of the key chain is just some fun, pretty beads from a craft store with a Filigree Brad accent on the bottom.  If you've been around SU for a while you probably remember the filigree brads.  They retired a while ago but I LOVED them and stocked up on them when they were on the clearance rack a while back.     I love them!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: