Thursday, June 12, 2014

Celebrate With Cake!

Favorite card of the week hands down!!  And there's some stiff competition for that honor this week!  I wasn't sure what this card would look like in the end but I couldn't be more pleased!!!  I just kept adding things and everything worked!!  I'm giddy over this card!!  Let's start with the background.  I used the Work Of Art set and added polka dots super randomly all over the card in Pool Party Ink. I knew my greeting would be attached in the bottom corner but I wanted something else there too.  So I used the chevron from the same set and stamped it off on scratch paper then on the card.  The lighter look is the perfect touch.  It's not competing with dots and just adds the best subtle highlight to the greeting (done with the Endless Birthday Stamp Set---oh how I wish this set was in the catalog!).
The cake!  It's from the hostess set Life's Adventure.  I just wanted the cake so I masked the greeting off here.  I stamped it in Staz On and used my markers to color it.  The markers I used are Hello Honey, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Strawberry Slush, Rose Red, Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake.  Finally the flower, I punched 3 flowers with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch and added a candy dot to the center.  It just adds the perfect final touch.  Don't you love this card!!!?!?!  Do you NEED that hostess set now?!?!  Call me to book your workshop and you can earn it free!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: