Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Graduating Owls


Sometimes you never know where inspiration will be, like this card from Zulily.  I saw that card on Pintrest, it linked back to Zulily, who would've thought.  I changed it up a little, but I loved the idea of the owls on the tree.  So here's my version.  Of course keep it with school colors to make it all the more special.  The owls are made with the 1 /38 Inch Circle Punch.  I love these sweet owls!  They're so easy and fun!!  They're just circles!  The tummy is also the 1 3/8 Circle Punch, I punched a whole circle then glued it on.  Then when the glue is dry you can either trim the excess off, or stick it back into the punch and punch around your body so that you have a 'clean' line on the bottom. 
The hats are pretty easy too.  I just cut small diamonds, for the tops of their hats, then for the bottom, I used the 1 Inch Square punch and my 3/4 Inch Circle Punch.  I used the circle punch to 'notch' out the curved bottom for the hat.  To finish I used some black brad (retired) and some bakers twine.  Soooo cute!!!  The best part, their sparkly gold beaks!  LOVE!!    
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: