Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Dog and Crab Walk Into A Bar.....


I'll give someone a prize if they can finish that joke :)  I have the rest of the cards today to share from my class on Saturday.  I know I said I was also going to share Megan's cards and a little more about my class but I'm going to do that tomorrow.  I decided that the post today would be waaayyyy too long if I tried to cram it all into one post so I'm splitting it up.  Back to the dog.  As I was planning my class I knew I needed to add a dog. I've been doing a punch class once a year, for I don't even know how many years and every class has had a dog.  I had to do a dog.  We've done easy dogs and complicated dogs.  Dog punch art is always popular because people love dogs.  I think this post is going to the dogs.... 
As cute as this guy is, I found this card on pintrest that I created my guy from.  He's super cute!!  One tip that I'll give for him that you can use for ANY punch art card.  Because he's lots of different layers of one color (Crumb Cake in this case), you really need to sponge each layer to add the depth and dimension.  Without the sponging it's flat and you loose alot of the details.  Sponge your pieces, it will change your life...or at least your punch art :)
Finally the little crab.  He's cute!!  I've made other versions of crabs.  They're pretty simple, the hardest part on crabs is always the claws.  I saw this crab and I LOVED how she did the claws so I wanted to take a stab and another crab.
He/She (How do you know if a crab is a boy or girl?  These are the questions that keep me up at night) either one is so cute!!!  I love the little smile and the wonky eyes!!!  Tomorrow I have lots more to share, Megan's getting her own post, she's doesn't know but she's excited :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

2 comments:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

OK Ruth, because I am ALWAYS in for free gifts...here goes:
A dog & a crab walk into a bar...
The dog ran fast; the crab, not so far.
The dog wanted a beer, so hopped up on the stool...the crab wasn't thirsty, so he sat and just drooled.
The crab was hungry so he kicked up his legs...the dog tried it too, but ended on pegs...
Moral of the story? You can lead a crab to water, but you can't make him drink!
(lame I know, but hey, I love writing poetry!)

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Oh! and I almost forgot! Got the punch art cards! thanks.... but no giraffe? where can I find him?