Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wiener Dog

Yesterday I showed you the A.DOR.ABLE giraffe card.  After I made that card I kept thing about how else can I take that technique and make it into another animal....I wanted to do a landscape card (meaning it was long not tall).  I thought maybe an alligator would be cute, then I thought what about a dachshund or as they're more commonly known, a wiener dog!!!?!  I did a little researching about what they look like, really they're pretty simple.  I found a card on Stampin' Connection that was similar to what I was looking for, but I had to modify it alot, the one I found was pretty small and wouldn't work with my idea.  I used the heart framelits for his head.  I'm not sure what size heart, I think the size just bigger than the heart punch.  I cut the heart in half and cut the sharp point off the bottom of the heart but it worked.  It's the long head but it's rounded in the back.  His ears are the wings from the Bird Builder Punch. 
 
I just made a really long rectangle for the body and used the corner rounder punch to round the corners, so it wasn't so 'sharp' looking.  I made a little banner that says "I freakin' love you"  Because let's face it, if you have a dog your dog loves you. 
Isn't he cute!!!???  You'll probably notice that with my punch art cards, there's not a lot of layers or embellishments.  After you spend so much time on your punch art card the last thing you want is a lot of accessories distracting people from all the hard work you put into it.  I feel that they're pretty complete without all the accessories but if you wanted you could add little bow or rhinestone collar??  That might be pretty cute!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

6 comments:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

How cute is this?? You have a great eye for this. . Will this one be in your card kit? I have a kitty...hmmm..is a kitty in your kit??

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute. I have 2 "hot dogs" and am always looking for ways to make a card to look like them...:)

Anonymous said...

So cute. I have a friend who loves Weiner dogs and has a birthday coming up. Excited to try this

Anonymous said...

Great job! I think I may try this for a friend who loves her wiener dog

G-ma said...

I think I will use this idea to make a birthday card for one of my grandsons when he turns 7. He loves all dogs and he will love this. Thanks!

manoushka said...

il est tout mignon merci